Pop your ingredients in the Crock-Pot and have this slow cooker shredded chicken ready and waiting for you to make a tasty and filling chicken burrito bowl! Course Dinner, lunch, Main Course Cuisine Mexican Keyword chicken burrito bowl, crockpot shredded chicken, shredded chicken, slow cooker shredded chicken Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 4 hours Total Time 4 hours 15 minutes Servings6 servings Calories 331 kcal
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken breasts
- 1 ¼ cups salsa verde mild or medium
- 2 Tbsp. butter or olive oil
- ¾ cup red onion finely diced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 large avocado thinly sliced
- Jalapeno optional
- Cilantro optional
- Rice or cauliflower rice
- See this recipe in Healthy Meal Plan #2
- In a 6-quart slow cooker place chicken, salsa verde, butter, red onion, salt, and pepper. Lift up chicken breasts to allow some of the liquid to get underneath them.
- Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 6 hours. During the last 30 minutes of cooking shred the chicken breasts and let finish cooking.
- While chicken is cooking, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, red onion slices, and salt in a medium sauce pan. Cook over medium heat for 4-6 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve shredded chicken over cooked rice or cauliflower rice with sautéed onions, sliced avocado, cilantro, and jalapeños and enjoy! See this recipe in Meal Plan #2.
*Nutrition facts are not calculated with rice or cauliflower rice.