Light, fresh, and packed with powerful antioxidants, these rainbow veggie collard wraps are the perfect summertime lunch for work, a picnic, or the beach!
* 4 large collard leaves
* 1/2 cup hummus (any variety, store-bought or homemade)
* 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
* 1 cup shredded carrot
* 1 cup shredded cabbage
* 1 avocado
* 1/2 cup microgreens or sprouts
* 1 batch lemon tahini dressing –
1. Cook quinoa according to package instructions (using a 1:2 ratio of quinoa to water. Or use veggie broth for more flavor). 2. Wash and dry the collard leaves.
3. Cut off the very bottom of the stem (where it meets the main leaf) and carefully slice off the top of the stem.
4. Add roughly 2 tbsp of hummus to the inner part (the outer part is darker if you’re unsure) a leaf and spread it out along the stem.
5. Add the cooked and cooled quinoa, 1/4 of the veggies, avocado, and microgreens if using. Feel free to also add the dressing to the inside of the wrap instead of just the outside.
6. Fold the bottom and top of the leaf in about 2 inches on top of the filling (see pictures).
7. Now, take the one side that hasn’t been folded, and roll it on top of the filling.
8. Tuck it in to keep the filling secure and keep rolling until you get to the end.
9. Cut the wrap in half and enjoy!