The following are all the ingredients and equipment you will need to make this keto-friendly juice:
- 2 .5 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 medium whole carrots
- 1 whole organic lemon quartered.
- 2 inches of fresh ginger root
Start by washing and peeling the carrots and cutting off the ends. You can opt to keep the skin on your carrots for added nutritional benefits since they have the most nutritional benefit.
When sourcing fresh ginger at your grocery store look for ginger that has smooth skin with a firm texture, and is heavy for its size. Avoid choosing pieces that feel soft, or look wrinkled or have any spots of mold.
Prep your ginger by washing and peeling. You can choose to leave the skin on the ginger root for a boost of nutrition. However, you should know that doing so will produce spicer juice.
Next, wash your organic lemon and cut in quarters. It’s important to use organic lemon if you plan to add it whole to your juice. Otherwise, make sure to peel your lemon prior to cutting.
If you do not have access to organic pesticide-free lemons, then make sure to peel your lemon. Doing so will ensure you’re not being exposed to unwanted chemicals.
After all your vegetables have been prepped proceed to pass the spinach, carrots quartered lemon and ginger root through your juicer.
Refer to the manufacturer’s directions for your juicer of choice. Pour the freshly processed juice into two 4 ounce glasses. You can choose to add ice to your freshly squeezed juice or to have it at room temperature.
This recipe makes enough for two servings. I recommend that you drink the juice right away. In order to garner the most of its benefits.
However, you can save the juice in a sealed mason jar and refrigerate for up to 48 hours.
- 2.5 ounces of fresh spinach
- 2 medium-sized carrots about 4 inches each.
- 1 whole lemon washed, peeled and quartered.
- Ginger root 2 inches
- Clean the spinach and set aside.
- Wash the carrots and cut off the ends. Your carrots can be peeled or not depending on your preference. Then slice the carrots in preparation to being juiced.
- Next, wash the lemon and peel. If using an organic pesticide-free lemon you might want to simply wash and not peel your lemon. Then quarter your lemon so that it passes through your juicer easily.
- Wash and peel your ginger. You can opt to leave the skin on your ginger root but you should note that this will produce a spicer juice option.
- Process all your vegetables according to you your juicer’s manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve your juice immediately at room temperature or over ice.
- If not drinking immediately, store your juice in the refrigerator in a glass sealed container such as a mason jar.
This keto spinach carrot juice is best consumed immediately. However, if this is not possible you can refrigerate for up to 48 hours. Be sure to place your juice in a sealed glass container so that it does not oxidize quickly.