You will need the following materials and ingredients to make this easy keto carrot pickle:
- Two 16 oz Mason jars or four 8 oz jars
- Filtered water
- Raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Himalayan pink salt
- Coriander seeds
- Whole garlic cloves
- Whole red chilies
- Dried Dill
Keep in mind that when pickling you want to ensure that you are using the freshest vegetables. Vegetables that are bruised should be used in your cooking instead.
It’s important that you start the pickling process by first washing with hot soapy water your mason jars and lids. After you rinse your jars make sure they are completely dry before you add your vegetables. My recipe makes enough for two 16 oz Mason jar or four 8 oz jars.
Then proceed to wash all the vegetables you will be adding to your pickle. Next, peel your carrots and then cut them into lengthwise into sticks that accommodate your size of mason jars. Slice your choice of red, white or yellow onion thinly. If adding jalapeños, wash, deseed and slice lengthwise.
Once your vegetables are prepped pack them into your jars. Note that If using 8 oz mason jars you may need to cut your carrots further to be able to comfortably fit them into the jars.
Next, pour your brine into the jars to completely cover your vegetables. Allow your jars to cool for at least one hour before adding the lids and storing them in the refrigerator.
Although you could enjoy your pickled keto carrots immediately I encourage you to wait at least 24 hours to allow the flavors to develop. It’s important to note that the longer you allow your vegetables to pickle the more the flavor will develop. You can store your pickle in your refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Keto Pickled Carrots
yield: 6prep time: 5 MINUTE Cook time: 1 DAYStotal time: 1 day 5 MINUTES
Keto Pickled Carrots is a recipe for quick pickled carrots. It includes onions, garlic, jalapenos and dried spices for a flavor-packed pickle option. Since it uses apple cider vinegar it also has gut-boosting properties.
- 3 medium-sized carrots, sliced lengthwise into 1/4 inch sticks
- 1 medium onion sliced thinly.
- 2 jalapeno peppers, deseeded, deveined and sliced lengthwise into 1/4 inch sticks
- 10 whole garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups of filtered water
- 1 1/2 cups of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon of peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of dry dill
- Prepare the mason jars by washing them in hot soapy water. Then rinsing and drying completely. Recipe makes two 16 ounce mason jars or 4-ounce jars. Slice your vegetables to accommodate the size of the jar you choose.
- Wash, peel and slice your carrots lengthwise.
- Wash, deseed and devein your jalapenos as well as slice lengthwise.
- Cut your onion into thin slices.
- Heat the filtered water, apple cider vinegar, garlic cloves, salt, peppercorns, dry dill, coriander seeds over low heat until it simmers gently, about 5 minutes.
- Add your sliced vegetables into the mason jars.
- Add the hot liquid brine to the mason jar making sure to submerge all the vegetables in the brine.
- Allow the jars to cool at room temperature completely before adding the lids and refrigerating.
- Refrigerate your keto pickled carrots for at least 24 hours before enjoying it.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to two months.