It’s all about butt, buns, or booty, no matter what you call them we all want our butts to be as firm, and tight as possible. Who doesn’t want a backside that turns heads. However, this is the spot where women tend to hold the most body fat for the longest time.
You can do cardio until you pass out, but you won’t build a great bum unless you focus on that lower half of your body, the Gluteal is a big muscle.
Besides looking great, glutes are really important in stabilizing the pelvis preventing low back injury and adding a lot of power to your squat and other motions that involved the lower-body. A lot of people that sit down all day their glutes are going to be shut off, under active and weak, and their hamstrings are going to be too strong and dominant.
In this article we’ll show you the shorter route to a firm booty consisting of 5 great butt moves with far superior results than the plain old squat!
1. Single-Leg Deadlift With Kettlebell
The single-leg deadlift not only works your backside, targeting both the hamstring and the glutes but also works the core.
– Hold a kettlebell (between 10 and 20 pounds) in your right hand, and lift your left foot slightly off the ground.
– Keeping your back neutral, lean your entire torso forward while raising your left leg, which should stay in line with your body. The kettlebell will lower toward the ground. Keep your left shoulder blade pulled down your back.
– With your back straight, return upright, coming to your starting position. This completes one rep. Maximize this move by keeping your right foot off the ground as you go through your reps.
– Do 12 reps on each leg, for three sets.
2. Curtsy Lunges
Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands on your hips. Keeping your hips square, cross your right leg behind you and step backward as you lower your right knee toward the floor. Your left knee should remain directly above your left ankle. Pause, then press into your left heel as you stand and extend your right leg into a side kick. Repeat for 45 to 60 seconds before you switch legs. Do 10 reps.
3. Hydrants with Leg Extension
Begin on all fours with your knees hip-width apart and your wrists stacked over your shoulders. Lift your left knee toward the ceiling, then extend the left foot straight out to the side. Pause before you bend your knee again, and bring your leg back to starting position. Repeat for 45 to 60 seconds on the left side before you switch to the right. Do 10 reps.
Walking up flights of stairs is great for your tush, but stepping up onto a chair is an even more effective move.
– Stand in front of your chair and place your left foot in the center of the seat.
– Step up onto the chair and bring your right knee forward and up.
– Lower yourself back to the floor, with the foot landing quietly.
– Switch legs and repeat to complete one rep. Do 20 reps total.
5. Bear Plank Leg Lifts
Begin in a plank position with your shoulders stacked above your wrists. Bend both knees slightly as bend your left knee to 90 degrees. With a flexed foot, squeeze your glutes, and raise your right heel up toward the ceiling as high as you can. Pause, then bring your left knee back to meet your right knee. Repeat for 45 to 60 seconds before switching sides. Do 10 reps.
If you cannot make it to a gym and need to workout from home, try my new Strong Body Guide that is helping busy women worldwide get into their best shape ever. Little to no equipment needed for most moves!