Get Rid of Flabby Skin
Loose skin can have an impact on one’s self-esteem, and it can be difficult to get rid of. Flabby skin can show up anywhere on the body, stomach, backside, legs, arms, face, and neck. Science these days is really productive and one can improve their appearance with the help of surgery. However, there are many other options for people who can’t afford such expensive medical procedures or who hesitate to go under the knife. Here are 4 tips to reduce flabby skin:
1. Exercise: You can decrease the appearance of loose skin by building muscle over it. If you exercise targeting that muscle, eventually flabby skin will be reduced. This works best especially for people who get flabby skin due to weight loss. Building muscle can take anywhere from a few months to years, so be a patient girl! If you have flabby skin due to recent pregnancy, which is completely normal, it will take some time for you to get your normal skin back. We recommend consulting your doctor before performing any exercise post-pregnancy. (I started gym after 3 months of pregnancy and avoided any exercise which targeted my stomach area).
2. Supplements: Diet is definitely the best way to sculpt your body and skin. If excess fat is stored in a particular area for a long time, the skin can become loose after you have lost weight. To lessen the appearance of flabby skin, you can replace it with muscle mass; also there are certain supplements that can improve its appearance (for that you would have to consult your doctor).
- Collagen: Collagen is a good example. Certain collagen drinks and pills aid in tightening the skin. You can get it online or consult your doctor bonus- you get better looking facial skin as well as it helps to reduce fine lines, wrinkles!
- Protein: There are certain amino acids found in proteins which are are vital building blocks for collagen production. You can consume protein-rich foods and protein shake to increase protein content in your skin cells.
- Gelatin: Gelatin is nothing but cooked collagen derived from an animal. It’s often used in jelly and yummy gummy candy. It can improve collagen production in the body and help to reduce the appearance of loose skin.
3. Firming creams: Firming creams may help to improve the appearance of loose skin, particularly if the skin simply needs hydration. Choose a firming cream that contains a retinoid, as retinoid prevents free radicals that impact collagen production, retinoids also increase skin cell turnover. You can find firming creams at drugstore or online.
4. Massaging: Massage loose skin helps to increase blood circulation. According to studies, massaging can work as an anti-aging treatment on the skin. You can use a massaging tool to reap full benefits. Tip- Use a body scrub over the area to increase blood flow and then massage for 3-4 minutes with the firming cream.
We recommend following all four tips to see visible results. Hope this article helps you to achieve your self-confidence back! Stay optimistic!